Taking Garden Photographs

I love to experiment with my camera and take close-up photos of flowers I grow in my garden. I then frame these pictures to display around my house.

By Kathy from Warrenton, VA

You are a very good photographer, and those are spectacular shots. You should submit them to Birds and Blooms magazine.

I agree that you should submit them to Birds and Blooms magazine or maybe a photography magazine. There are always photo contests. Does your County Fair have a section for Photography? You'd surely win a ribbon. Also, the photos would make really nice note or thank you cards. I know, I know people don't hardly send actual cards nowadays with all the on line e-cards available. But an actual card is still nice to receive. Especially a hand made one with such pretty pictures.

Keep up the good work!

Margaret from Texas

I love your photographs-they are beautiful. I love taking garden photos, too. I took one of a beautiful Moon Flower I had last year. It was very close up, and slightly off center, and it looked very interesting. Also, taking a close up of a huge sunflower center will have you looking at things in a different, but still beautiful way.

It's nice to know other people like the close-up photos of flowers. I like to go even farther and use zoom lenses to get REAL close in or to get the dew on them. After it rains, the rain drops can act as magnifiers. Do you use a 35mm or digital camera? Some digitals have extra lenses you can increase your zoom. I love my 35mm and my Kodak digital w/1x,2x and 4x lenses. Keep up the lovely photos!

Gorgeous!!!What a marvelous idea,now I can't wait for summer to take some pictures of my flowers.I have a wild geranium that I adore and I think it would make some very nice photos .

Photos Taking PicturesFebruary 27, 2007
beautiful colorful fall maple leaves
Photos of Fall Leaves
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Photo of a Mt. Rainier in Reflection Lake.
Taking Reflection Photographs
Taking Photos of Your Pets
Tips for Taking Photos of Your Pets
🎄