Managing Backup on My Computer

Once my computer started automatically jettisoning information. The only way to stop it was to quickly press the OFF button. When this started, I hired a computer repair person to take a look at it. He did a few things and the computer has been running just fine - and then, it happened again almost a year later.

I backed everything up onto my external hard drive and performed one more action. I accumulate recipes and information on an almost daily basis and backing it up daily to the external hard drive is a chore. So I made a special folder on my desktop to solve this situation. Into this folder I copy anything that I have saved on my desktop since it was last backed up.

So if the computer starts to act crazy again, all I have to do is rescue the folder and not worry about the rest of the info on the hard drive.

By cookwie from Richardson, TX

I do basically the same thing. I keep flash drives. I keep one for household things to keep, one for computer things to keep (one thing on this one that I keep is a list of any sites that need a User name and/or password and what they are). On a separate and larger one, I keep all my photos and recipes (since most recipes also come with a photo of the food).

Once a week I transfer everything I have downloaded during the week onto the flash drives, then delete it off the computer. This keeps the computer from getting filled up with my "junk". Then if I want something, I just plug in the appropriate flash drive and do what I need to do. I have a small folder that I keep all my flash drives in, but I've seen others who keep theirs on a key chain hanging next to their computer.

I also label each drive with a small stick on number, then keep a card in the case telling which number drive holds what.

Computers MaintenanceJune 4, 2009
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a Computer Screen
Cleaning a Laptop Keyboard, Photo of a laptop keyboard.
Laptop Computer Tips and Tricks
A stack of CDs or DVDs
Saving Money On Computer Software
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 20, 2016 at 12:43:44 AM on 10.0.1.80 in 979 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.