Use Solar Power To Make Your Tea

I make a half gallon bottle of sun tea using black tea and another using green tea, 2 bags in each. I'm using solar power and the tea is never bitter. Now I always have iced tea on hand and anytime I want a cup of warm tea, I use the microwave to heat it.

By Angela from Glendale, CA

Great way to conserve energy. You can still make iced tea on a cloudy day/night. Use 6-8 tea bags (black, green or herbal) in one gallon of cold water. Add 1/2 - 1 cup of sugar (or sugar substitute) if you prefer a sweet tea. Let sit overnight in refrigerator. Remove tea bags in the am. Your cold iced tea is ready - never bitter in this cold-brew method.

Sun Tea on Deck
Making Sun Tea
Better Living Green Living Conservation EnergySeptember 9, 2009
Inside a solar porch.
Solar Heating Porch
Shower Power Cleaner
Buying Shower Power Cleaner
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
power outage kitchen
Cooking When the Power Goes Out