Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Homemade Static Guard

Store bought anti-static products can be pricey. This is a guide about homemade Static Guard.

January 11, 2017 Flag

At our local store, a can of Static Guard costs $4. I make my own for pennies. It is so simple to make. All you need is a clean empty spray bottle, warm water, and 2 to 3 unused dryer sheets.

Simply roll up the dryer sheets and insert them into the bottle. Add warm water to the top of the neck of the bottle, screw on the cap and shake. Let it sit for about 10 minutes, then shake again and it is ready to use.

Shake it before each use. It is great for cutting down static cling and it is pennies to make. When empty, you will need chopsticks or tweezers to get the used fabric sheets out of the bottle.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Dryer sheets seem to have toxic ingredients. I never use them, but I do use vinegar to spray items - even while in the dryer and it seems to hold down static cling.

January 13, 2010 Flag

Does anyone have a recipe for making a "static guard"? I can't stand the fumes from the aerosol.

By Teri from St. Louis, MO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Ball up some foil paper and throw it in the dryer with the wet clothes, it will eliminate the static.

I've heard that rubbing a dryer sheet on clothing eliminates static cling. Where do you want to use the Static Guard on?

I've tried that - no luck. Usually pants and skirts.

Well, homemade Frebreeze can be made using 1 part liquid fabric softener to 3 parts water. Maybe that would work as Static Guard too.

Make Your Own LaundryJanuary 27, 2017
foil ball
Alternatives To Dryer Sheets
Remedies for Static Hair
Remedies for Static Hair
Static Electricity
Preventing Static Electricity
National Guard Woman
Joining the National Guard
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 16, 2017 at 9:23:38 PM on 10.0.1.35 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.