Preventing Static Cling in Clothing

Rub a small amount of lotion onto your hands then rub your palms over your pantyhose or slip. This works, I do it all the time. There is nothing more aggravating than static cling. Lotion is usually something you have in your purse so if you forget before you leave the house you can do it at work.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

8 More Solutions

Here's a tip for all those ladies that have problems with static cling, especially in the winter time. If you use softener in your washer and dryer and still have static cling, take a small safety pin and pin it to the outside of your slip.

With cold weather here, static cling can be a problem. To keep socks, dresses, or even some slacks from clinging to you, lightly rub your legs with fabric softener sheet.

That should eliminate the problem.

I love my dryer balls but they don't always get rid of ALL the static. So I buy the cheapest fabric softener sheets I can find, and cut them in half.

For static cling, I put a wad of tin foil in the dryer. It seems to help. Also, don't dry to bone dry. Leave damp and hang to finish.

The natural way to fix static cling is to pin a small safety pin to the seam of the slip you are wearing. It acts like a grounding device. It eliminates the static cling in your dress.

I get shocked on everything I touch at work and it hurts. What do I need to do?

Shavonne

Answers

Nylon carpets do that, it's annoying I know. When you approach something you know will shock, hit it with a downward smack of your hand so the shock is not felt.

Smack it like you would a dusty cushion.

We have the same problem in our home but it happens where there's no carpet. It don't happen all the time, don't know why, good luck.

Answer this Question

Ever get to work and have your pant leg sticking to your panty hose? Or your skirt clinging to your panty hose?

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

Consumer Advice Clothing TipsApril 22, 2012
📓
🎂
😷
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf616936.tip.html