How to Make a Cling Wrap Roll into a Pencil Case

Category Containers
This easy recycled project offers yet another craft project that uses the paper tube from inside a roll of cling wrap. This useful, decorative pencil case could also be given as a gift. This is a guide about how to make a cling wrap roll into a pencil case.

This is made from the core from a roll of cling wrap. People think I'm a hoarder for keeping things that should be thrown away, but for me it is something that should be kept because I think I can create something from it. And I guess I'm right!

Excuse me for not making it so creative. Actually anyone can make it even without creativity, just make sure it is neatly done.

• 12 inch cardboard core from cling wrap, foil, or paper towel
  • thick cardboard
  • 1 toilet paper core
  • glue
  • cutter
  • scissors
  • pencil
  • art paper

1. Work on the tissue core first. See to it that the cling wrap core perfectly fits over the tissue core. Cut it into two.
  2. Cut two cardboard circles to cover one hole of each half. Set aside. They will be glued on the ends of the case and lid before you begin covering with the art paper.
  3. Next, get your cling wrap core and cut it based on the tallest pencil's length.
  4. Glue in one half of the tissue core into the bottom of the cling wrap core. The other half of the tissue core will serve as the pencil case lid.
  5. Use art paper to decorate your pencil case. Or you can be more creative by decorating it with anything unique.
  6. It's now ready to use. Keep your pen and pencils inside and you'll see it is more handy than big rectangular cases.