Aluminum Foil To Prevent Static Cling

For static cling, I put a wad of tin foil in the dryer. It seems to help. Also, don't dry to bone dry. Leave damp and hang to finish. That system also prevents a lot of wrinkles so no need for fabric wrinkle releaser. It seems that a lot of store products create the need then meet it. Prevention is a key.

By Stephanie from Connecticut

gosh I'll try anything..It's all over my house(even w/added moisture)and carried out to my car!!! Thanks

I would not do this. Sears Tech said it will rust your sensor. Dryer sheets and fabric softners are bad enough for the dryer.

jennifer CA

Keeper here I tried it and was un-sucessful...

By (Guest Post)

I'd be reluctant to try this because of the damage it might do to my clothes (i.e. snags). I like to use simple science: Static cling only happens when two different materials rub against each other.

So I just make sure I try to wash loads of like fabrics. Most of my clothes are 100% cotton, so a load of only 100% cotton will not get static cling. Fabric blends are a bit of a problem. Hanging to dry is always an option.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryMarch 28, 2008
🍀
💘