Herbal Remedies From Common Weeds
In a non chemical garden many weeds can be utilized. Many common ailments today can be prevented using basic plants that grow in our gardens!
- Dandelions: when grown organically offer roots in the spring and young greens (before flowering) that are cleansing to the liver - spring detox.
- Shepherds Purse: collect and dry for tea throughout the year - stops internal bleeding.
- Yarrow: will lower fever in 2 days
- Chickweed: use as skin soothing agent, can be made into salves.
- Plantain: kills toxins in the body, can stop some poisons.
Read up on the plants that naturally grow in your garden, sometimes referred as weeds. Many of these pants are herbs. Make sure you are knowledgeable on the proper identity of any plant before you consume them.
Editor's Note: Please be sure of your plant identification before harvesting your own herbal remedies. Some weeds can be poisonous.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 24, 2016 at 12:34:49 PM on 10.0.1.8 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us