Recipes for Facial Soap?

Could you also help me with recipes for facial soap without caustic ingredients perhaps with honey or herbal?

I would suggest trying products with Melaleuca Oil (better known as Tea Tree Oil) in them. Tea Tree oil is all natural and is generally tolerated very well especially by people with sensitive skin. It is non-caustic and non-toxic. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll let you know how to get some.

You will never go back to store bought soap with this.

Basic recipe is:

3 lbs. shortening

2 cups cold water

1/2 cup lye

There are several websites that are available with free recipes and instructions. I typed in "free soap recipe" and got more information than I needed.

My favorite recipe for my face and shower is made with the above amounts using

cheap olive oil

2oz Melaleuca Oil, along with the water and lye.

A good site is:" rel="nofollow" target="new">

Bye Bye Problem Skin!

Hi Yvonne

When you make soap with Caustic Soda, it does not leave the caustic soda behind. The caustic soda evporates during the chemical reaction between the oils and the caustic soda. You can still add Honey or whatever you want just before you put the soap into the moulds. You will still have beautiful gentle and lovely soap. Visit and you will get all the help you need.

Thank you for these ideas on facial soap along with using baking soda for washing the face I will try it as I am always buying expensive products baking soda is cheap two for a buck and it has many uses one of my fav is make a paste with baking soda and water mix together and clean your jewlery rinse well wipe with a soft cloth comes out shiny and cheaper then jewelry cleaner thanks.

Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Woman with facial mask and cukes on eyes.
Homemade Facial Cleanser Recipes
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale