Child Support and SSDI Garnishment

Can child support take my back pay from SSDI that I get for my kids now?

By Clifford

Anonymous Flag
May 16, 20110 found this helpful
Best Answer

If you mean your SSDI for you anything is possible depending on the state you live in. If you mean the supplemental for your children because of your disability I honestly don't think their money would be attached because it's for their expenses. The best thing to do is contact your local Social Security office and ask them what the rules would be for your particular circumstance.

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
May 14, 20110 found this helpful

I hope so.


ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Article
Garnishing Disability for Child Support
Garnishing Disability for Child Support
Business and Legal Legal Child SupportMay 14, 2011
Writing a child support check.
Paying Back Child Support
child support paperwork
Are Siblings Accountable for Back Child Support?
Child Support Money
Paying Child Support
Child Support Worksheet
Getting Remarried and Child Support
New Years Ideas!
Christmas Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 5, 2016 at 7:12:20 AM on in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.
Loading Something Awesome!