Bath Toy Storage

We keep a plastic bucket next to the bathtub for all the bath toys. This makes for easy clean-up and frees the tub area for adult showers and bubble baths - no nets of toys hanging above you or covered metal across the tub racks to fight with. It works and it's frugal.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

This is a good idea; however I would probably punch some holes in the bottom so the water can drain. I'd set the bucket inside the tub until all the toys dried out. Many of our kid's bath toys retain water.

I have 4 yr. old twins and a 14 month old that loves baths and their bath toys but everything I tried to keep the bath toys from getting that smell or black mold on it just doesnt work.

I tryed the mesh bag,buckets,flower pots cause they have the holes on the bottom and still the toys smell. I just dont know what else to try.

We too have the problem with molding bath toys. All of the cute ducks turned to garbage after setting too long with out having all the water squeezed out. So, now we use yogurt containers for bath toys! they are so much fun for the kids, and safe for both my 5 yr old & my 10 month old. We have a mesh bag, the rule is the containers go in upside down.

I eliminated any duckie type toys that hold water that you can't get easily out. A little squirt bottle makes a great bathtub toy. I also gather the toys once a month and run them through the dishwasher to clean and sanitize them.

I also use a bucket....I bought a package of those nylon mesh body scrubbers from the dollar store and keep 5 of them in the bottom of the bucket so the toys "self-drain" when tossed in on top of the scrubbers....once a week, I put everything, including the scrubbers, into a mesh lingerie bag and toss it into my washing machine, with the towels, on HOT....cleans everything and there is no musty, mouldy smell.....rinse the bucket with dish soap and hot water and you are ready for another week's bath play!! And I have banned ALL toys with holes in them...they are impossible to clean!!

Organizing Bath Toys
Organizing Bath Toys
Parenting General Parenting AdviceMarch 25, 2008
Lilac Bubble Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
Homemade Bath Salts
Homemade Bath Salts Recipes
Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent