Mark the "Up" Side on Electrical Plugs

Do you have cords to plug into an outlet and are always trying to plug it in upside down, because of one prong being wider than the other? In the correct position, put a dab of white out (liquid or tape) on a dark-colored plug or draw a black spot with a permanent marker on a light-colored or white plug. I always do a tiny heart. Sure has made my life easier - sometimes it's the little things!

By Vicky from Central KY

Good idea!

This is a great idea, one I've adapted to accommodate my blindness. We use tactile marker instead of white-out or permanent marker. I had him mark the "up" side of my flash drive so I'd know which way it goes into the drive.

Of course, if the outlet is upside-down, you might want to mark the "up" side and match the marks. No more fumbling!

Great idea. I am always struggling with this.

What a simple and great idea, I am going to get the permanent marker right now! Thank you for saving me the aggravation of having to struggle with this also!

Great idea. Thank you.

Why didn't I think of that? Thank you for sharing. I'm always turning the plug this way and that way.

I do the same thing, only I use bright colored fingernail polish. You can get tiny bottles of it at Wal Mart very cheap, or sometimes even an the Dollar store.

Storing appliance cords in toilet paper tubes to keep from tangling.
Organizing Electrical Cords
Organizing MiscellaneousJune 11, 2010
Electrical Outlet
Removing Paint From Electrical Outlets
Plug Outlet
Getting Plugs to Stay in Outlets
Electrical Outlet
Adding More Electrical Outlets to an Old Fuse Box