Marking Electrical Plugs

This is a page about marking electrical plugs. Do you ever find yourself fumbling with an electrical plug, trying to get it in the right way? If you mark the side that should be up, it will go in quickly and easily every time. This is especially helpful when you can't see the outlet.

This isn't exactly a money-saving tip - it's more of an "annoyance minimizing" tip. It seems like every time I grab a plug to plug something in, I am holding the plug upside down. To make it quicker, I put a dot of red nail polish on the top of every plug so I can tell instantly if I have it the right way up.

By Linda L. from Vista, CA

Did you know that the large slot on an electrical socket is on the left? To make it easier to plug my appliances into the sockets, I used some fingernail polish to mark the side that will be turned up when I plug them in. I don't have to look at the two prongs on the plug which makes life a little easier for me.

Add a dash of White Out to a black electric plug or a black marker to a white plug, and you will always know the correct side to stick it into the wall outlet.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Lighting and ElectricNovember 7, 2017
🎃
🌻