Mark the Top Side of Electrical Plugs

Did you know that the large slot on an electrical socket is on the left? To make it easier to plug my appliances into the sockets, I used some fingernail polish to mark the side that will be turned up when I plug them in. I don't have to look at the two prongs on the plug which makes life a little easier for me.

Love the way you find simple solutions to problems and not get things all complicated.

I do the very same thing. When our eyes are older we need help figuring it out and sometimes it doesn't hurt to have a little reminder.

You have that right. Anytime I see that I can simplify my life, I do it.

Great idea! I live in a mobile home built in 1973. All my plugs are upside-down so the big part is on the right. Has anyone else run into this? The way I remember is Starboard-Green-Right, Port-Red-Left. All large words for the right and all small words for the left. Did I mention I live with a Sailor? If I ever move to a "real" house I will mark my cords with fingernail polish as you suggested, but will use white-glow-in-the-dark color.

I also marked the cord I plug into the computer to download my pictures. That's a big help too.

Great idea! This will let me know right away which side goes where, no more fumbling around in the dark!

I did this with USB plugs for my phone & tablet with liquid white-out. White shows up pretty good in dim light.

Organizing MiscellaneousOctober 3, 2017
😷
🎃
🌻
Generated 2020-10-01 10:21:29 in 761 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Mark-the-Top-Side-of-Electrical-Plugs-1.html