Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
I have been painting and have managed to get paint on the plug in receptacles. How can I get the dried paint off of these without shocking myself and messing up the outlets?
Cookiepom from Owensboro, KY
Remove the cover and clean with paint remover or Acitone
Remove the cover plates (2 screws) BEFORE you paint next time. If you want to try to clean these, take them off now . New ones are very cheap in home imp. stores.
When the paint is slightly dry you can scrape it off with a thumb nail. Tedious but it works.
The metal contacts are actually 3-4mm inside the plastic part of the outlet so touching the outlet will not shock you. You need somethings skinny to put inside the outlet holes to get shocked. Otherwise try a plastic knife. It has a firm sharp edge and is non-conductive. Plastic will not scratch plastic.