Replacing a GFCI Outlet

Category Electrical
GFCI outlets are required by code outdoors and anywhere near water, such as in a bathroom. These outlets can be replaced by the handy homeowner, by following the proper steps. This is a page about replacing a GFCi outlet.

My GFCI receptacle in my kitchen no longer works, so I went and bought another one. Printed on the one in the wall it reads 20amp. The one I bought reads " GFCI CLASS A 15A RECEPT " on the left side of the outlet and it reads " 120V 60Hz 20 AMP " on the right side of the outlet. Is this the correct replacement? It's confusing to see 15 amp and 20 amp on the same outlet. Hooking it up is easy, I just need to know if it's the right replacement. Thank you.

By Robert M.

Home and Garden Repair Home ElectricalJune 4, 2013
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-08 22:32:36 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️