Adding Lighting to a Fence

The addition of lights on a fence can light a patio or just improve safety and security after dark. This guide is about adding lighting to a fence.

Our dilemma was the case of the cream yellow fence caps with lights. When we purchased our fence (white), we also needed the caps to go on to the tops of the fence post. The caps were from a different provider and were great for the first 2 years. Then the caps began to turn more and more this creamy yellow color and the lights no longer worked.

Hmmmmm, to save money, here is what I came up with. After a good cleaning. Krylon Maxx spray, perfect for vinyl and plastic, was used to spray paint 2 coats. Because these were in good shape, painting made them like new! It gives my back yard a new life, another dilemma solved!

I have a lattice fence that hides my pool equipment. I placed Christmas lights (the net kind that you use on shrubs) on the lattice and then planted a vine to cover the lights (I used passionflower here in zone 8 but you could use any vine that does well in your area). At night the lights twinkle through the vine. It adds some soft lighting to the pool area. Trust me you will love it.

By Patricia from Scranton, SC

Solar lights come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Putting some along your fence line can add a nice dimension to your landscaping. Here is a good idea about how to attach solar lights to your fence.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes