Don't Discard Weather Beaten and Discolored Outdoor Fixtures

contest winner icon
Our dilemma was the case of the cream yellow fence caps with lights. When we purchased our fence (white), we also needed the caps to go on to the tops of the fence post. The caps were from a different provider and were great for the first 2 years. Then the caps began to turn more and more this creamy yellow color and the lights no longer worked.

Hmmmmm, to save money, here is what I came up with. After a good cleaning. Krylon Maxx spray, perfect for vinyl and plastic, was used to spray paint 2 coats. Because these were in good shape, painting made them like new! It gives my back yard a new life, another dilemma solved!

That is a really good idea. I'm sure I'll use this tip.

If these are solar lights (they kind of look like it), you can buy replacement batteries for them.They work like rechargeable batteries.