Refinishing Teak Outdoor Furniture
This is a guide about refinishing teak outdoor furniture
. After a few seasons outdoor you may find that your teak patio furniture is looking dry and discolored. Here are some great tips for restoring their beauty and helping that last longer.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I had an old set of teak patio furniture that I had neglected to maintain over the years. So needless to say, they were getting pretty dry and ugly.
- Teak oil
- fine and medium grit sandpaper
- cotton rags
- screwdriver, optional
- Pressure wash or use a brush to scrub your furniture, if needed.
- Start sanding with a medium grit sandpaper. Then smooth out all surfaces with a fine grit paper.
- Tighten any screws that are loose.
- In a well ventilated space, use a cloth to wipe the Teak oil onto the wood. Follow package instructions regarding coats.
- Enjoy your rejuvenated furniture!
June 15, 20181 found this helpful
Teak is a common material for outdoor furniture because it is long lasting if cared for correctly. Learn how to do it in this short video.