Save Wear on Your Shredder

Keep a pair of scissors near your paper shredder. Then you can cut the private information off of the page, and shred that. Keep the rest of that sheet for scratch paper.

By Ann P. from Northampton, MA

Also if you have a fireplace don't forget that you can burn the private information there. I know people who have purchased shredders forgetting that they could simply burn the information.

That's an awesome idea! Thanks! After we moved, I unpacked my office and used my new shredder -- a LOT. And did it get tired! Thanks again for the tip!

That's a good idea. I usually just tear off the section containing personal information, shred that portion and place the rest in the recycling bin. Burning is a good idea too but we don't have any fireplaces here, it's a hot climate.

Preventing Identity Theft, Thief in mask on Computer
Preventing Identity Theft
Budget & Finance Identity TheftFebruary 16, 2010
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Phantom Of The Opera Costume
Woman with a Leg Cast
Underwear to Wear with a Leg Cast
A finger with a pink bow tied on it.
Save-The-Date Ideas
Shredded Privacy
Protecting Personal Information