Red Hue on Tan Paint During Day

I painted my walls a tan color, but during the day they look peach. At night, with just the overhead light, they look tan just like I wanted. Is there anyway to decrease the peachiness without painting over with a new color?

Tonya from Kansas

Answers

The quality of the light is the culprit. You can't do much about the color of the sunlight except perhaps filter it through curtains. Would it be possible to hang some colored sheers over your windows? I would guess that some creamy or yellow sheers might do the trick, as regular light bulbs have a yellow light whereas sunlight is "bluer" . That is the only thing that I can think of. If that isn't possible, I think you may have to learn to like peach!!!

Louise from Canada

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingAugust 6, 2007
A tan woman sitting on the beach.
Maintaining Your Tan Longer
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
🎉
🎄