Maintaining Your Tan Longer?

Category Tanning
You spend a lot of time working on your tan and naturally want to keep it as long as possible. This is a page about maintaining your tan longer.

Has anyone heard of using olive oil to help your tan last longer? I was coming home from the Bahamas and a gentleman who was one of the crew members told me to use an olive oil lotion to make it last longer. So do you think using regular olive oil instead of in lotion form might work, too?

By louise from Tiverton, RI

Answers

Best Answer

The olive oil works by keeping your skin moist so the tiny particles of skin don't flake off as quickly as they would if your skin was dry. So pretty-much anything that keep your skin well hydrated will help.

To get rid of a tan quicker, apply lemon juice, then scrub with regular sugar to exfoliate the top (dead) skin cells... The lemon juice supposedly helps to "bleach" your skin, I don't know if it works, but the sugar-scrub is a great way to help remove any type of tan faster (natural, bottled or spray-tan). This can really help when your fake tan stats to fade unevenly.

Best Answer

One of the best ways to extend the life of your tan is to use those daily glow moisturizers that have just a little self tanner in them. You already have a base tan, so these lotions will keep it going.

Jergens, Nivea, Loreal all have them. They are not sold as self tanners which can sometimes turn your tan orange, but as daily moisturizers have gradually add color. Make sure you choose the right formula for your skin. They usually comes for fair, medium or darker skin tones.

I've got my tan where I like it but want to know what I can do to prevent it from fading. I'll still probably tan once a week to help but is there something more I can do?

RJW

Answers

Tans fade because skin sloughs off daily so about the only thing you can do is to maintain the tan and stay moisturized.

Be aware that tanning causes premature aging of the skin, ie wrinkles , and age spots when you are older, as well as increasing your risk of skin cancer.

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care TanningApril 8, 2013
🌻
😎
🐛
😷
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Maintaining-Your-Tan-Longer.html