Paint Color to Coordinate with Butterscotch Colored Furniture

If you have a tan, dark yellow or butterscotch furniture, it can be difficult to find a complementary color for the paint. This is a guide about paint color to coordinate with butterscotch colored furniture.

I have a butterscotch color leather sofa with dark hardwood floors. I need a wall color that will carry into the kitchen which has white cupboards. Could I go with a shade lighter on my leather sofa and carry a grey color into the kitchen? The grey looks nice against the white cupboards and the gold and grey would be my color palette. Any other suggestions?

By Val

Answers

Best Answer

From the photo, it looks like the couch is white. If it truly is butterscotch, why not paint the walls a medium gray and more toward the blue side. Gray and butterscotch would be a great combo.

Best Answer

Sherwin Williams has a web site that allows you to change colors of the walls - was very helpful to me. Easy to find via google. Good luck

Best Answer

Since I prefer dark walls, especially with your light couch, I would love to see blue/gray (in the darker gray slate family). Which would look great in the living room and kitchen, as it looks like you have black countertops.

I would like to to know what color paint would match best with my leather sofa which is a butterscotch color.

By Nadia from Atlanta, GA

Answers

Best Answer

If you have a loose piece, like a pillow, to take in to the paint store they can computer match the color in paint..Then take the sample to the paint chips and match as well as possible. The graduated chips will show you other shades that will be pleasing of the same color. If you cannot take a loose "piece"of the couch to the paint store then choose several chips that are close and then take them home and match the sofa.

Best Answer

If you had a pair of pants that color, what would you wear with it? Just about anything. Same goes for paint. Just think of it like putting an outfit together, and have fun!

Best Answer

What about a very light shade of the same butterscotch color? The paint stores have the cards with three or more shades of the same color. Get one that matches the sofa and then go very light.

Just make sure that the paint isn't too dark since you want the sofa to be the star. Accent with pillows of burgundy or a dark color that you love. If you have a table near the couch, use the same dark color silk flowers or other items that match the pillows.

What colors will look nice with butterscotch leather sofa and black leather chaise?

By Jamel

Answers

Best Answer

Teal - There are many different tones and levels of Teal.

Best Answer

Pick one bright color you like. Not neon but say a sunflower yellow, or gemstone colors.