Paint Color to Coordinate with Sofa and Adjoining Kitchen

I have a butterscotch color leather sofa with dark hardwood floors. I need a wall color that will carry into the kitchen which has white cupboards. Could I go with a shade lighter on my leather sofa and carry a grey color into the kitchen? The grey looks nice against the white cupboards and the gold and grey would be my color palette. Any other suggestions?

By Val

From the photo, it looks like the couch is white. If it truly is butterscotch, why not paint the walls a medium gray and more toward the blue side. Gray and butterscotch would be a great combo.

Sherwin Williams has a web site that allows you to change colors of the walls - was very helpful to me. Easy to find via google. Good luck

Since I prefer dark walls, especially with your light couch, I would love to see blue/gray (in the darker gray slate family). Which would look great in the living room and kitchen, as it looks like you have black countertops.

I don't really have an answer for you, but your question has helped me learn something new. I have a tiny, free application on my computer called 'Pixie'. It will give you the HEX, RGB and other color values of any color.

I just found there's a website which will give you the mid point between any two colors online (it's free, too). http://meyerweb  ols/color-blend/

With Pixie, you could get the color values from any two objects in your pictures. You could then enter those two values in Color Blender. You will be given the color and it's value that is mid point between the two you have chosen. This mid point color may give you some ideas about which colors to use.