How Do I Remove Stains from Dried Laundry?

After washing all of my son's clothes in one load, I was distracted and forgot they were in the washer. The next day when I remembered I quickly washed them again. Then put them in the dryer not paying attention.

Apparently sometime when they were in the washer they got reddish pinkish spots on all of his clothes. How do I get them off? Can I get them off? Or do I need to just invest in new clothes and a louder timer?

By Rachel from Harrison, AR

Rit dye company makes a product called "Color Out" which works great. Good luck.

First don't use the dryer. Hang clothes up! Dryer is one of the biggest energy draws in a home...

Also clothes stay brighter and even lots of stains set in by the dryer will eventually come out. All of my kids "hand-me-downs" were not recognized by the original family because they came clean. Clothes last longer too. After all where does the lint come from?

I have that problem from time to time, with whites usually, or light colors. There is a product you can buy called "Whink"...I believe there might be more than one (for different specific purposes). I have the one for "rust removal". I use it on wet or dry clothes. Just drop a drop or two on the rusty spot and it will usually disappear as you watch! Good luck! (It comes in a brown bottle, look in the laundry part of the store!).

Pam

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMay 11, 2010
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
🎄
🍂