Using Fels Naptha Soap

Category Products
Fels Naptha laundry soap has many uses in addition to its traditional use to remove tough laundry stains. This is a guide about using Fels Naptha soap.

Fels Naptha soap is a wonderful product for cleaning ones hands after staining furniture, woodwork, etc.

By Kustaava from Twin Cities, MN

After our 2 year old decorated my tan leather sofa with a Bic ink pen, we tried all tips provided and nothing worked. Finally, I used a Fels Naptha Laundry Soap Bar and lathered it up on the leather and let it set a few minutes. It removed the ink without damaging the leather. It also made my furniture very supple. I've used it for years on my children's clothing to remove stubborn stains such as baby formula after a spit up! Give it a try!

By Loris from Connersville, IN

Fels-Naptha is a common ingredient in homemade soaps. You can make your own homemade laundry soap using Fels-Naptha.

Homemade Laundry Soap

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I bought some Fels Naptha bar soap. I know it is a great laundry stain remover and I also have some flower/garden recipes that require this kind of soap, but are there any other cleaning recipes for this brand of soap?

If anyone has any answers I would love to read them.

Thank You,
Ronda S from Clarksburg, WV

Answers

When I was a youngster we used to make a paste of Fels Naptha soap and smear it on our poison ivy to dry it up... to this day, still find it works.. Anita, NJ

I use Fels Naptha to make my homemade laundry detergent. Wonderful stuff!

Their website used to have lots of things to use their soap for.

My mother, who is now deceased, introduced me to this great stain remover!! I keep a bar of it in a tupperware bowl with a little water in bottom of bowl. When I have a stain to treat, I simply use a toothbrush and get some of the softened Fels Naptha (it will be jelly like consistency) and brush on the stain. I let it set a few hours or overnight then wash as usal....I have found it to be the best stain remover ever!

Thank you for all of the wonderfull suggestions. Just found this site...I love it!

Susan,
I tried to find their website, before and after, I posted this question, but I did not have anyluck. I must be missing it. Do you know what the address is?

Thanks Again!
Ronda

Editor's Note: Here's a link with lots of uses:

http://www.soap  amp;Show=ExtInfo

Using that soap in your laundry will also get rid of the oil from the poison oak plant.

You can use old fashioned Fels-Naptha laundry soap for many uses. It can be used as a stain remover, to wash off poison ivy residue. It can also be used as a general cleaner for floors, bathrooms and showers. It can also be dissolved in water and sprayed as an insecticide in the garden.

By Mythi from Silverdale, WA

Answers:

Fels-Naptha For Many Uses

Just want to say that my grandma and my mom used Fels Naptha and had the cleanest white laundry in her row house. It was so nice of you to recommend it. We used to wash our hair in it, rashes, etc. It's an oldy but goodie. Thanks for the memories. I will look for some cakes in the market.(05/31/2007)

By Bonnie

Fels-Naptha For Many Uses

Ahhhh the memories, especially about poison ivy! My mother would scrub me with Fels then powder me with corn starch to control the itch. It worked every time. I never thought to use it for the garden, thanks, I'm soaking a bar as we "speak". (06/01/2007)

By Fran

Fels-Naptha For Many Uses

My dad used to cut the grass with out a shirt and come in covered with chigger bites. Hopped in the shower with Fels Naptha and fit as can be in the morning! (12/26/2008)

By Teri