Buying Fels Naptha Soap

Fels Naptha soap is used for laundry, stain removal, treating poison ivy, and other household chores. Sometimes it can be difficult to find at your local market. This is a guide about buying Fels Naptha soap.

I need a translation from American to a European version. What is Fels Naphta soap and can you use soap in a front loading washing machine? I always thought you have to use low suds detergent otherwise you do damage to your washing machine. Can anyone enlighten me, please?

Answers

Best Answer

I have a recipe for Laundry Soap that uses 1/3 bar of Fels Naptha soap OR one whole bar of Ivory Soap. I hope this helps.

Best Answer

Zote works. It is made in Mexico, I could not find the fels naptha and my daughter in law told me about this. I have made it several times and I love it. I don't know who else carries this but Super One store /Brookshires carry it in my area. It works well. Has a soft scent .

Who sells Fels Naptha laundry soap?

By Jamie

Answers

Best Answer

Well, Fells Naptha is made by Dial which in turn is owned by Henkel corp of Scotsdale Arzona. You can buy the soap at Amazon.com or My Brands at 888-281-6400. You may also try calling the Henkel Company at 888-468-6673 and see if they can locte a store near you.

Best Answer

You can also order it from www.VermontCountry Store.com. I just saw it in their new catalog that came today. Talk about timing!

I have been looking for Fels Naptha for quite sometime and am wondering if you could direct me to where to buy it in Barrie?

By Mary Jane from Barrie, ON

Answers

Best Answer

I found a site that stated that Sunlight Laundry Bar (it is a pure soap) has been substituted in this recipe for the Fels-Naptha here in Canada since Fels-Naptha is not available (except online and in U.S. dollars). I'll let you know how it turns out. T (09/27/2005)

Best Answer

I get mine at www.soapsgonebuy.com, they have all sorts of products and some good sales as well.

Where in California can I buy Fels Naptha soap?

By konbonwa from LEH, NJ

Answers

Best Answer

You don't say what city you live in, but www.felsnaptha.com has a section on it where you can find out where to buy the soap.

Best Answer

I live on the central coast, and have bought it at both Albertson's and CVS. I'd also try ebay and Amazon.

I am trying the recipe posted for laundry detergent. I cannot find the Fels Naptha soap or the washing soda in our small town. Any help in locating those items? I searched Walmart's website and could not find it listed with them. Also where can the essential oils be purchased? Can another soap be substituted for the Fels Naptha? Where can I get the essential oils? Please someone respond asap.

Sincerely,
Nelwyn from Bunkie, LA

Answers:

Locating Ingredients for Laundry Soap

Kirks or Zoat soap can be used instead of Fels. I use Zoat, it's cheap and comes in a huge bar. As for the washing soda, I think the Arm and Hammer web page has a number you can call to locate it in your state. If that doesn't work, there's a website you can order all that stuff from.
www.soapsgonebuy.com is the addie.

I belong to another website that says if your a member and if you type "frugal" in the discount code he'll give you an extra 15% off your order. Check out www.thefrugalshopper.com. (02/23/2006)

By halloweenfreak

Locating Ingredients for Laundry Soap

You can get the washing soda and Fels Naptha soap at Krogers in the detergent section or you can get them online at www.soapsgonebuy.com, but it will cost a bit more.

You can also use Ivory or a deodorant soap, but the Fels soap is best. I also put in some all purpose bleach with the washing soda and the borax using the same amount of each.

The essential oils can be purchased at a health food store or online at www.iherb.com. Just scroll down to the bottom page and essential oils will be there. I just use some lavender perfume oil that I purchased at the Family Dollar Store for $2.00 or don't use any at all. You can put a capful of fabric softener to 2 capfuls of water and place in a enclosed container with a small sponge and wring the sponge out and place in dryer with clothes. Then put the sponge back into container for the next load of clothes!

I hope you try the recipe out because I have been making it for a little over a year now and love the results and the money saved. I also have fun making it! Good luck! (02/23/2006)

By smathis123

Locating Ingredients for Laundry Soap

I use Tide, washing soda, and borax. Have you looked in the laundry isle of the grocery store. I have no trouble finding it. It is made by Arm & Hammer so a possible Google search may work for you to find it. I do not add scent to my mix at all. (02/23/2006)

Locating Ingredients for Laundry Soap

Fels Naptha is made by Dial soap. Any mild soap can be used. (02/24/2006)

By Diamondee

Locating Ingredients for Laundry Soap

I take all the small pieces of bath soap that no one seems to use and grate that. It works fine and there is no waste. (02/24/2006)

By gumbysue

Locating Ingredients for Laundry Soap

You can get essential oils from Majestic Mountain Sage; www.thesage.com. (03/02/2006)

Locating Ingredients for Laundry Soap

www.soapsgonebuy.com is a great place to look. The soap sells for $1.50, but I suggest purchasing more than that one bar of soap since you do have to pay shipping and handling. Hope that helps. (07/31/2006)

By Galskygge

Locating Ingredients for Laundry Soap

Today I was able to purchase Fels Naptha (99 Cents), Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda and 20 Mule Borax at Publix. If you go to dial.com, then go to Dial products, you can find which stores in your area carry the Fels Naptha. (12/03/2007)

By Mona

Locating Ingredients for Laundry Soap

I used Dr. Bronner's Castile soap, makes it a "green" laundry detergent then. The first batch I used the bar and had to grate, but then I found a store (locally) that carries the liquid. You can also purchase it online. I was lucky they have a new scent, citrus, smells great on the laundry! (05/18/2008)

By bmaxcey

Locating Ingredients for Laundry Soap

I just bought a bar of this soap at our local VG's in Michigan. (08/12/2008)

By Ali

Locating Ingredients for Laundry Soap

Ivory soap can be substituted for Fels Naphtha. (01/02/2009)

By Barbara J.

Locating Ingredients for Laundry Soap

I bought my Fels Naptha soap at the local hardware store, not the big chain store. They had to order it in, but they had it in less than a week. The cost was $1.79, plus tax per bar. (05/13/2010)

By kathyleadingbee

Locating Ingredients for Laundry Soap

TrueValue Hardware stores has Fels-Naptha 5.5 oz for $1.19, the cheapest I could find. They also carry 20 Mule Team Borax, 76oz for $4.79. Ace Hardware also carries some of the ingredients. I was told Walmart carries the Arm & Hammer washing soda in their laundry section of the store. Also, a Google search listed Fels Naptha 24 bars 5.5oz, a case for $27.xx. If you have a Rural King Farm store they have 20 Mule Team for $3.99 and did not list the weight. (08/16/2010)

By Koposhi