Where Can I Buy Fels Naptha in Ontario Canada?

I have been looking for Fels Naptha for quite sometime and am wondering if you could direct me to where to buy it in Barrie?

By Mary Jane from Barrie, ON

Best Answer

I found a site that stated that Sunlight Laundry Bar (it is a pure soap) has been substituted in this recipe for the Fels-Naptha here in Canada since Fels-Naptha is not available (except online and in U.S. dollars). I'll let you know how it turns out. T (09/27/2005)

Best Answer

I get mine at www.soapsgonebuy.com, they have all sorts of products and some good sales as well.

Anonymous

Oh PLEASE before using FelsNaptha soap, research it. Petroleum product that has potential to do great harm.

Fels-Naptha Ingredients..there is absolutely nothing derived from oil in it..

Fels-Naptha contains soap consisting of sodium tallowate and sodium cocoate or sodium palmate kernelate and sodium palmate. The word "sodium" refers to sodium hydroxide, the lye used to make soap, in this case with tallow, coconut oil, palm oil or palm kernel oil. It also contains water and talc. Coconut acid, palm acid and tallow acid are fatty acids derived from plants and animals. They are emollients and surfactants, cleaning agents in other words.

PEG-6 methyl ether is an extract of juniper. Fels-Naptha also contains glycerin, an emollient; sorbitol, a sugar alcohol derived from fruits, corn and seaweed, a moisturizer; and sodium chloride, ordinary table salt. Pentasodium pentetate and/or tetrasodium etidronate are inorganic salts used as emulsifiers and dispersing agents. Titatium dioxide is an opaque white pigment. The soap also contains fragrance, source not specified and acid orange and acid yellow colors.

I think the confusion is in the name. Fels-Naptha used to contain naptha, which is an hydrocarbon (or petroleum product). It was removed from the formulation at some time in the past due to cancer concerns, probably in the 90s, although I cannot find the exact date online.

I haven't been able to buy/find it and I live in Alberta. If you are copying the Duggars soap for laundry.

I used sunlight bars that I could purchase at the local grocery store in the laundry isle. It works just as good and has a way better smell!

You can order it online from a number of sources, but if you plan on using it to make homemade laundry detergent, you can use any bar soap. There are several different laundry bars sold depending on where you live or any personal bar soap will work (as long as it isn't one that has extra moisturizers in it, like Dove).

We use bar soap in our shower, and I save all the slivers for my homemade laundry detergent.

Consumer Advice Product FinderJanuary 31, 2011
🐰
👒
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf18553315.tip.html