Ontario, Canada Frugal Travel Guide

Ontario is the most populated and second largest province in Canada and home to the capital of Canada, Ottawa. It is also a popular tourist destination with historical architecture, museums, shopping, and Niagara Falls. This page has tips, photos and guides for traveling to Ontario, Canada.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

My husband and I visited Niagara Falls in September, 2010. This photo was taken from the closest point one can stand at the Journey Behind the Falls attraction in Niagara, Ontario, Canada. It was tremendous! The roar, the mist, the sight of millions of gallons of water spilling over that edge where you can almost reach out and touch the flow.

By Leslie

Horseshoe Falls (Niagara, Ontario, Canada)

Comment Like this photo? 22

This was taken at Six Nations Pow Wow in Ontario, Canada.

By Andrew

A First Nations tribe member, dressed in traditional costume.

Comment Like this photo? 21

This was our view all the way home. Potash Lake, Ontario, Canada

By Donna from Foymount, Ont.

Crimson Sky Sunset at Potash Lake, Ontario, Canada

Comment Like this photo? 8

This was just a peaceful place to stop and relax and enjoy the autumn colors. Picture was taken at a rest area on the outskirts of Bancroft, Ontario.

By Donna from Foymount, Ontario

A water scene from Bancroft, Ontario.

Comment Like this photo? 9

We have been camping in this park all summer. Its a bitter sweet moment when the fall comes in Canada. Campers are few and the weather is turning cool at night.

The true beauty to look forward too, is the changing colors of the trees. Our fall is beautiful and especially refreshing to take a crisp walk in the morning through the hiking trails.

By Sheila

leaves turning

Comment Like this photo? 7

Photo Description
Inukshuk taken in winter.

Photo Location
Collingwood, Ontario, Canada

Comment Like this photo? 5

This is a war monument with all the names on it of the guys who died for our freedom.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

Here is a photo of our small lake outside Bancroft, Ontario, at the end of last summer. Can't wait for the weather to warm up to enjoy these scenes again!

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

I took this picture one overcast day in Port Elgin, Ontario in July. The sailboats in the distance seem to be in flight in the sky. If you look closely, the water meets the sky with a perfectly blended colors.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

We took our summer vacation this year in Spanish, Ontario, Canada. I got a new camera for my birthday so I figured I needed to figure it out. I think I got pretty lucky on this shot.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

Massey Ontario in the Fall.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

I don't think I have ever been to a more peaceful place ever. While fishing in Ontario, Canada this year, I spotted this lonely flower in the lily pads.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

I took this photo of the beautiful scenic dam in Mildmay, Ontario, Canada last Fall. It was one of those wonderful October Fall days when the weather was perfect for me to take advantage of my love for photography.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

This park is a nice place to sit and relax. There are quite a few trees that provide shade and many benches to sit on. The kids can play at the playground provided, while you sit and read a book. The town hosts many celebrations in the park over the summer months. A band plays every Thursday in the gazebo.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

This park is where they hold some of the festivals they have every summer. This was once the site of Jones Shovel Company, until the 1960's. The Chamber of Commerce developed the park in 1967. Over the years, they have added walks, lighting, and ponds.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

This picture was taken at Joel Stone Beach, where we spend most of the summer days. It is nice scenery, with boats coming through all day long. Joel Stone Beach is located along the St. Lawrence River. You can even see some of the islands from there. There is also a splash pad for younger kids.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

Fall In Ontario
Fall In Ontario
This picture was taken at my work in Ontario Canada. Fall is such a pretty time of year with the changing colours. I can not identify the bush, but thought you would like to see one of my favorite photos.

By Sheila from Ont Canada

Answers:

Fall In Ontario

That is truly gorgeous! I was fortunate enough to be in New England and part of Canada during the Fall of the year a few years ago and experienced all the beautiful colors you have there - absolutely stunning! I live in South Georgia where we have only two seasons - hot and hotter! Thanks for sharing and God bless you. (05/06/2008)

By tedsmom