Ontario, Canada Frugal Travel Guide

Ontario is the most populated and second largest province in Canada and home to the capital of Canada, Ottawa. It is also a popular tourist destination with historical architecture, museums, shopping, and Niagara Falls. This page has tips, photos and guides for traveling to Ontario, Canada.

My husband and I visited Niagara Falls in September, 2010. This photo was taken from the closest point one can stand at the Journey Behind the Falls attraction in Niagara, Ontario, Canada. It was tremendous! The roar, the mist, the sight of millions of gallons of water spilling over that edge where you can almost reach out and touch the flow.

By Leslie

Horseshoe Falls (Niagara, Ontario, Canada)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 22

18 More Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

This was taken at Six Nations Pow Wow in Ontario, Canada.

A First Nations tribe member, dressed in traditional costume.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 21

This was our view all the way home. Potash Lake, Ontario, Canada

Crimson Sky Sunset at Potash Lake, Ontario, Canada

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

This was just a peaceful place to stop and relax and enjoy the autumn colors. Picture was taken at a rest area on the outskirts of Bancroft, Ontario.

A water scene from Bancroft, Ontario.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

We have been camping in this park all summer. Its a bitter sweet moment when the fall comes in Canada. Campers are few and the weather is turning cool at night. The true beauty to look forward too, is the changing colors of the trees.

leaves turning

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

Inukshuk taken in winter.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

This is a war monument with all the names on it of the guys who died for our freedom.

War Monument

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

Here is a photo of our small lake outside Bancroft, Ontario, at the end of last summer. Can't wait for the weather to warm up to enjoy these scenes again!

photo of the lake in Bancroft

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

I took this picture one overcast day in Port Elgin, Ontario in July. The sailboats in the distance seem to be in flight in the sky. If you look closely, the water meets the sky with a perfectly blended colors.

Sailboats in Flight (Port Elgin, Ontario)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

We took our summer vacation this year in Spanish, Ontario, Canada. I got a new camera for my birthday so I figured I needed to figure it out. I think I got pretty lucky on this shot.

Large Yellow Daisy With Fly in Center

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

Massey Ontario in the Fall.

Fall trees reflecting in a pond.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

I don't think I have ever been to a more peaceful place ever. While fishing in Ontario, Canada this year, I spotted this lonely flower in the lily pads.

Lonely Purple Flower By Lake

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

I took this photo of the beautiful scenic dam in Mildmay, Ontario, Canada last Fall. It was one of those wonderful October Fall days when the weather was perfect for me to take advantage of my love for photography.

Mild May Dam in the Fall.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

This was taken near Sault St. Marie on Canada Day, July 1, 2017. The location was at the entrance of a nature park leading to a hiking trail. The mixture of the purple flowers with the wheat colored flowers and the trees in the background and a peak of the blue sky, gave a variety of interest to the photo.

A grassy hill with a treeline in the distance.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

This park is a nice place to sit and relax. There are quite a few trees that provide shade and many benches to sit on. The kids can play at the playground provided, while you sit and read a book. The town hosts many celebrations in the park over the summer months. A band plays every Thursday in the gazebo.

A garden at Heritage Park in Gananoque, Ontario.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1
Load More
Travel and Recreation Travel Guides Canadian ProvincesJune 5, 2013
😷
🍂
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Ontario-Canada-Frugal-Travel-Guide.html