Canada Geese Photos and Information

This page contains Canada Geese photos and information. Canada geese (aka Canadian geese) are easy to identify by their black heads and white cheeks. They live year-round in warmer areas and are migratory in colder areas. They thrive in urban areas, resulting in them being considered a pest by some people.

Photo Description
One of my favorite sights of spring is seeing a mother goose protecting her babies under her wing on a cool morning. It's amazing how many babies she can fit under her body. The daddy goose is always standing right next to her, guarding them all.

Photo Location
In my front yard on the Williamson River, Chiloquin OR

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

11 More Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

It's that time of year again when we see the geese in our yard bring their new babies to show off. We live right on the river so we get a front row seat. They come up on our lawn and eat grass so they feel very protected here and we see the same families year after year, from babies to grownups.

Out for a Swim (Canada Geese) - 2 adult geese swimming with their babies in the river

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

I took this photo of a line of geese thinking they looked like a lineup for a football team, and when I looked at it on the computer it looked more like a beautiful Monet watercolor painting.

A row of Canada geese

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

Hubby, Gary, took this at the little pond near our house! Exercise anyone?!

Wildlife: Canada Geese - goose displaying

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 24

Unfortunately many areas of the country this summer have experienced heavy smoke from wildfires. I live on a river where many geese live and for a while, I would see them every morning walking up the road in single file.

Geese Evacuating - geese walking down the road

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

These fun geese were walking at Lake Tomahawk Park, one important park in the cute little town of Black Mountain, NC. Black Mountain is 40 minutes or so away from Asheville, NC. All sorts of birds and creatures like to hang out in this park, including early-morning joggers, fishermen, and women, and of course geese.

Goose Family  - two Canadian geese and two goslings

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

This picture was taken this past winter at a beautiful little pond a block from my home. The birds don't seem to mind the ice in the water.

Geese go a walking! My Grandson was looking out the window and he saw 4 geese go a walking right down the middle of our street.

I captured this picture of four geese on Ft. Loudon Lake while out for a day of fishing this past weekend.

My Grandson and I took a walk and whom did we see? Six smiling geese walking right next to him and me!

I caught this picture feeding some Canadian Geese at a small pond near my son's apartment complex.

I caught these Canada Geese on camera last October, resting before continuing their journey south for the winter. I wonder how many ended up on Thanksgiving and Christmas tables?

Home and Garden Gardening WildlifeOctober 18, 2018
🎃
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Canada-Geese-Photos-and-Information.html