Child's Hand Painting

For my mother last year I took a plain board (9x11 inches) and sanded it smooth. Then I let my children pick 3 different colored craft paints that matched. I primed the board and gave it a base coat of one of their color picks. Then I sponged another color over the top. After that, I painted one of each of their hands and had them press in the middle of the board.

We then took scrapbook stickers of flowers and butterflies (Grammy's favorite) and stuck then randomly around the board. We wrote along the bottom on the front.

"To Grammy here are our hands of love. Happy Mother's day."

Then we sprayed it with a glossy or matte sealer and put a picture hanger in the middle on the back. My mother loved hers so much she cried. I also have gotten lots of orders from friends. All items needed can be found at a crafts store.

Have fun, the kids love to help with this.

By Debbie from Berwick, ME

Do you have a picture of this? I'm having trouble picturing it. Thanks!

Paper with letters spelling Happy Mother's Day, ribbon, flowers, and glitter hearts
Homemade Mother's Day Gifts
Holidays and Parties Mothers Day CraftsApril 26, 2006
Childs Car Seat
Decorating a Child's Car Seat
Parenting an Autistic Child, Diamond shaped traffic sign warning, autistic child area.
Parenting an Autistic Child
Husband and Wife holding a baby
Adopting a Child
🎉
🎄