Homemade Mother's Day Cards
Giving your mother a homemade card makes the sentiment even more appreciated. This is a page about homemade Mother's Day cards
Make this cute card for Mom on Mother's Day or change the sentiment and it would be nice for other occasions. This is a page about scrubbie flower Mother's Day card.
These cute little dress shaped cards can be personalized for your mom, using her favorite color and added bling. This page contains instructions for a handmade Mother's Day dress card.
The cupcake motif on this cute Mother's Day card is sure to be a hit with Mom. This is a page about handmade Sweeter than Cupcakes Mother's Day card.
Even if your mother has passed, you can create a lovely remembrance card to share with your siblings on Mother's Day. This is a page about handmade remembering mother card for Mother's Day.
This is a page about making a shabby chic greeting card. By choosing special embellishments you can create a lovely vintage greeting card that can be used for many occasions.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This one is fun for kids and adults alike. Get out your camera and take some candid shots of your kids goofing off. I have one where four of my grandsons got into a mud fight in the back yard. They were just covered in mud from the heads to the feet. It was running off them in rivers. This is the photo I am going to help them make into a card for their mom's this Mother's day. Go to your local Walgreens and have a copy made of the picture.
- one picture of each child that you are making a card of
- 1 piece of construction paper or card stock (geavy papers can be bought at Michaels or Hobby Lobby in the scrapbooking aisle)
- Fold the paper in half like you would for a card. Cut a hole in the front. It does not have to be square get creative. I plan on making ours with a puddle shape for the opening. Just make it so that when you are done with the hole, your picture can be completely seen.
- Now let the kids decorate them with flowers and hearts or anything their little hearts desire. The inside can be lettered with "World's Greatest Mom", "I Love You", or be a little sneaky and use a poem off the internet.
Remember to have the kids sign it.
Hope this gives you a great idea for your mom.
Calling all kids, this one is for you. A card that Mom can hang as a picture.
- 2 sheets of cardstock
- 3 cupcake liners or small containers
- 3 buttons
- 1/2 yard of ribbon
- marking pen
- 1/2 yard of 1/2 inch lace
- tacky glue
- scraps of green cardstock for stems
- pictures of kids for centers of flowers
- painters tape
- I used handmade paper for the backing and torn the edges for interest. Cut your top paper two inches narrower and 2 1/2 inches shorter than your backing paper. I suggest 6 x 9 inches for the top paper and 8 x 11 1/2 inches for the back.
- Glue the two together.
- Using the pattern provided or draw your own, cut out the stems and leaves.
- Print out your pictures. If you need more than three you will need to make your card larger or your pictures smaller than two inches, which is what mine are.
- To make your photo fit the bottom of your cupcake liner, simply cut one of the bottoms out and use it for a pattern. Cut your photo slightly smaller than this pattern.
- Once you have all of your pieces, assemble your picture and begin to glue them in place, starting with off centering your front piece of paper toward the top so it leaves room to write at the bottom.
- To make the flower pot, gather a short piece of lace and glue it in place at the top with a button.
- If you want your lace to stand up put glue around the sides of the container and use the painter's tape to hold the lace up until the glue dries while you work on the buttons.
- Sew the buttons on over your ribbon for strength if you plan on hanging your card.
- Write Mother, Mom or whatever you choose at the bottom and you are done.
By Ann Winberg from Loup City, NE
Kids of all ages love making Mother's Day cards. Even if you're working with a large group of kids, this activity costs next to nothing and is lots of fun.Read More...
This standing MOM card is the perfect way to wish your mother a Happy Mother's Day. She will treasure it even more because you made it. Gather some magazine pages, or other decorative paper, and get to work. This card concept can of course be used for many occasions.
This simple looking greeting card has a loving surprise inside. A great project for children to give to their mother or grandmother. This page has instructions for making a Mother's Day surprise greeting card.
Spiral paper flowers in your choice of colors decorate this pretty handmade card. This is a page about how to make 3D flower Mother's Day card.