Mother's Day Card
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
May 5, 2021
I saved this empty tea box cardboard package and finally figured out what to make with it, a Mother's Day card! It's sort of like a book and in the empty space, I decided to put a clear cover so I can write notes on the punch out hearts for my mom to read and slid in money as a partial gift!
I have another empty tea box but I don't know what I'll do with that yet. It's a great way to save these quality boxes because they could come handy.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- cardboard box
- cardstock paper
- X-acto knife
- glue stick
- glue dots
- heart paper puncher
- For the inside flap, traced the flap on white card stock to size and glue down.
- Decorate the flap and leave room to write your card.
- To cover up the brand, I used scrap pieces of key paper and taped it together.
- I thought it would be neat to use sticker scrap (honeycomb shape) over the keys. Cut to size and glue down to cover brand.
- To complete the front - I placed a heart sticker.
- For the inside, I cut clear paper sheet protector to size. You can secure clear sheet protector with hot glue or use glue dots around (leaving the top not glued down)
- Punch heart papers to write your messages or cut strips of paper to write your messages.
- I had left over sticker honey comb so I put that on the screen protector and slid the money inside too.
- Your card is now complete! I will write a handwritten message on the card shortly after.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.