Make Mother's Day Cards On A Dime and In No Time!

Kids of all ages love making Mother's Day cards. Even if you're working with a large group of kids, this activity costs next to nothing and is lots of fun.

Step 1: Gather all the address labels you've received in fund-appeal mailings from nonprofits.

Step 2: Make stickers by cutting the labels so the graphics are separated from the text.

Step 3: Gather all the greeting cards you've received in fund-appeal mailings from nonprofits.

Step 4: Hand out the stickers, greeting cards and envelopes (along with pencils, pens and markers) to kids and let them make Mother's Day cards.

Participating kids' enthusiasm for making their cards just right will wow you. Mothers' delight at receiving the cards will surely be equally awesome.

I made the activity up, because often I need a craft activity for a large number of kids and because I was looking for something to do with all the address labels and greeting cards that nonprofits keep sending me.

By Daria from San Diego, CA