Wall Card for Mother's Day
Calling all kids, this one is for you. A card that Mom can hang as a picture.
- 2 sheets of cardstock
- 3 cupcake liners or small containers
- 3 buttons
- 1/2 yard of ribbon
- marking pen
- 1/2 yard of 1/2 inch lace
- tacky glue
- scraps of green cardstock for stems
- pictures of kids for centers of flowers
- painters tape
- I used handmade paper for the backing and torn the edges for interest. Cut your top paper two inches narrower and 2 1/2 inches shorter than your backing paper. I suggest 6 x 9 inches for the top paper and 8 x 11 1/2 inches for the back.
- Glue the two together.
- Using the pattern provided or draw your own, cut out the stems and leaves.
- Print out your pictures. If you need more than three you will need to make your card larger or your pictures smaller than two inches, which is what mine are.
- To make your photo fit the bottom of your cupcake liner, simply cut one of the bottoms out and use it for a pattern. Cut your photo slightly smaller than this pattern.
- Once you have all of your pieces, assemble your picture and begin to glue them in place, starting with off centering your front piece of paper toward the top so it leaves room to write at the bottom.
- To make the flower pot, gather a short piece of lace and glue it in place at the top with a button.
- If you want your lace to stand up put glue around the sides of the container and use the painter's tape to hold the lace up until the glue dries while you work on the buttons.
- Sew the buttons on over your ribbon for strength if you plan on hanging your card.
- Write Mother, Mom or whatever you choose at the bottom and you are done.
By Ann Winberg from Loup City, NE
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.