Handmade Sweeter Than Cupcakes Mother's Day Card
The cupcake motif on this cute Mother's Day card is sure to be a hit with Mom. This is a page about handmade Sweeter than Cupcakes Mother's Day card.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Mother's Day is the one time of the year when you can tell your mom just how much you love her. Use different hues of pink and make this card to show her that she is sweeter than cupcakes. Your mom will definitely feel spoiled when she receives this card!
Total Time: 3 hours, including drying time
Yield: one card
- 8 x 8 inch caramel cardstock
- 2 - 3 inch squares cut from dark pink sugar paper
- 2 - 2 inch squares cut from light pink sugar paper
- 2 - 1 inch high wooden laser cutout cupcakes
- 10 mm wide caramel Washi tape with four matching caramel scrapbook photo corners
- golden mirror word (for this project the word "Love" was used)
- 2 - pink 0.6 inch wide foam deco hearts
- brown, yellow, pink, and purple felt tip pens
- pink glitter glue
- Plaid Royal Coat Dimensional Magic
- standard scissors
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Prepare the cupcake embellishments:
a. Use the yellow and brown pens to color the cupcake holder.
b. Color the cupcake with the pink pen.
c. Use the purple pen for the cherry on the cupcake.
d. Add a dash of glitter glue to the cupcakes and allow to dry thoroughly.
e. Cover the cupcakes with a thin layer of Dimensional Magic and allow to dry for at least two hours.
- Score the caramel cardstock to create a card sized 8" x 4".
- "Frame" the dark pink sugar paper squares with glitter glue and allow to dry thoroughly.
- With the fold at the left, glue the Washi tape across the centre of the card and cut off any protruding edges.
- Glue the two dark pink sugar paper squares in place. Add a light pink sugar paper square to each dark pink square.
- Add the cupcakes.
- Make two small bows with the ribbon and glue a bow beneath each cupcake.
- Glue the word "Love" and the two hearts in place.
- Add a photo corner to each corner of the card and voila! You are done!
May 2, 20150 found this helpful