Gift Ideas for Someone in the Navy

Category Gifts
When someone is far from home, finding the perfect gift is a challenge. This guide contains gift idea for someone in the navy.

My Husband is in the US Navy, and his birthday is August 13th. He is overseas and will be back in November. I need some good gift ideas. I want to send him a package, I just don't know what to send him.

Stephanie from Victoria, TX

Answers

DVD`s or CD`s any kind of books.

I grew up in a navy town. Navy wives tell me they love toys! Squirt guns, yo yo's, flybacks, etc....

Send him an envelope of "Redeemable Later, Love Coupons" he'll get a kick out of these... PLUS, you'll have lots of fun redeeming them....

For example:

This Coupons entitles (his Name) to:

-- A one hour long back massage....
-- 2 Breakfasts in Bed
-- One medium size favor of your choice
-- One home cooked meal of your choice
-- One special shower with me
-- a "skip a chore, just for today" coupon (he'll get a kick out of this one!)
-- a 15 minute foot rub
-- a night out with his buddies
-- one special fantasy of your choice (within reason)
-- Etc, etc.

*Anyway, you get the idea... Make up your own special ideas, then print the coupons out on the computer, (you could use colored paper if you like) & be sure to have a line at the bottom where you sign your name in pen... His friends will all be jealous (that is, IF he lets them read them!) If you like, you could include in the envelope a sexy, tasteful picture of yourself...

Sent the envelope of Coupons in a box with other fun stuff... Like:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- a new pair of sunglasses
-- a good book to read
-- power bars (nutrition bars)
-- his favorite candy or treats
-- a small football?

-- You can go to a place like Kinkos & have a full size poster made of you, you & him, or you & your kids, or you & pet.
My boyfriend had one of these made for me (it was a little smaller than 2' x 3') & it rolled up into a tube... I still love it!
You could have it printed in any size you want...

-- Or how about a calendar printed with family pictures in it to count down the days until you see him again.

-- If you send him squirt guns as the other person suggested, why not go to the dollar store & send 3 or 4 squirt guns, so he & his buddies can have a "water fight"!

-- And while your at it, you might as well send a package of balloons for water balloon fights too!

-- Can you record a DVD or video of your whole family sending birthday greetings? If not... then record him a cassette tape with audio birthday messages on it instead!

My brother is in the Navy and will be gone for Christmas. This is his first Christmas away from home. Does anyone have any good suggestions for gifts for him?

Tamara from Providence, RI

Answers

Send him a gift basket filled with snacks (cookies, microwaveable popcorn, snack crackers, etc), books or magazines, phone cards (to call you), tolietries (razors, shaving cream, etc.) My husband was in the Navy and he just appreciated the little things I sent since he couldn't get

the stuff he actually liked on the ship. Also send him a update on the family (make it look like a newspaper.)

Margaret

Make up a big tin of baked goods that can be shared with friends. You might include a small photo album with pictures of loved ones (including pets, church family, etc.) back home, or maybe a calling card.

Jann McClain - Abilene, TX

What about making up a little package of a nice pen, note pad and some pre-addressed, stamped envelopes? I would then add a small photo album with pictures of loved ones to help in case of homesickness. A long distance phone card and a pre-filled address book with numbers would be a good idea as well.

Denise

I've been involved with the Navy since 1966 and I can tell you that those men and women onboard ship and those who won't be able to come home for the holidays will love a touch of home in your gifts. Homemade cookies, candies and breads get devoured. If they have younger siblings or small children let them make Holiday cards and drawings. Toiletries from Bath and Body or other specialty store are good, too. Give them the same things they'd find under the tree if they were home, even if it's just fruitcake made by mom!

Linda

I helped a friend make up a basket for her husband last year. We included extra socks, pens, papper (lose leaf is best, I've been told), stamps (a book or two is best), a calling card (the ones with true mins are better and truley chearper in the long run the the dollar amount ones), pictures of everyone, soap, shampoo, antibacterial lotion, lotion. We also included some homemade cookies and bread. Also we threw in a few poketbooks. He loved it! It was truely one of the best he'd got.