Use Tile to Make Ferret Cage Cleaning Easier

I picked up a smooth tile to use as a dry erase board, then decided to use it instead for the ferret cage. Although I have a meatloaf pan in the cage for a litter box, I put the tile in the corner where the ferret sometimes goes, and it is so easy to clean up. It is better than using a paper towel, because you just pop it out, wipe it off, then pop it back into the cage.

Tiles are also a good paper weight and they are fun to use as dry erase boards. If using as a dry erase board, be sure to use the smooth shiny kind and not the rough surface kind.

By Robyn from Hampton, TN

When I had ferrets I used a low-sided plastic storage container the same width as the short side of the cage. That stopped them from backing up into one of those corners to do their business as the little guys frequently will do. I put their food and water in the other corners keeping them safe and clean!

I have an oak side table that I use between two chairs. I purchased a large 18" tile and use it like a large coaster! It's pretty, compliments the oak, and I don't have to fuss at my hubby about where he puts a beverage!

Caring for a Pet Ferret
Caring for Pet Ferrets
Pets FerretsMay 14, 2010
Installing Vinyl Tile Over Old Linoleum Tile
ferrets in their hammock
Setting Up a Ferret Cage
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
Litter Training a Hamster
Litter Training a Hamster
🎄