Updating a Tile Backsplash

If your tile backsplash is dated there are some easy home improvement tips for updating them and giving your kitchen or bath a newer look without removing the tile. This is a guide about updating a tile backsplash.

How do I attach sheets of stainless over a ceramic kitchen backsplash?

By Marg W. from Trenton, Ontario, CA

Answers

I love the look of stainless steel! It really adds a modern pop to the kitchen!

This is just me, but this is the kind of job I delegate to the pros as this can end up a diy nightmare and if it goes south, getting it back on track could end up costing you way more than you you budgeted. At least in my world that is what happens.

Just my two cents! Thanks for listening!

They do have self- stick tiles in home improvement stores. The former owner of our home used the copper tiles and they stayed on with no problem.

I have a bathroom counter top with 1 sq. inch tiles. I need to replace the sink, but want to cover the nasty little tiles as well without having to rip the whole counter out. Is there a product that won't cost too much and will hide that tile?

By Connie from Anchorage, AK

Answers

There is a primer and paint that you can buy specifically for tiles. We looked at it to cover up a really tacky backsplash we had in our kitchen.

I have a neutral color ceramic backsplash in my kitchen. I primed it and used a textured paint. I would like to enhance the look. Can I sponge another color over the base color it is now, or do I have to start over? I am looking to do something very thrifty. Thank you.

By KATHY DUIGNAN from Chicago, IL

Answers

You can, but just realize that the more coats you have, the more it changes the color. Sometimes that's good, but you can take it away from the base color too much.

I would try it in one small area, then live with it for a few days and see what you think. Here's more on faux painting: http://www.oldh  e-painting.shtml