Making a Faux Tin Kitchen Backsplash

Category Kitchen
If you like the look of metal for a backsplash, there are ways to make it appear similar to tin. This is a guide about making a faux tin kitchen backsplash.

We had cupboards added on and a new countertop but the old backsplash had been tiled and we couldn't match them up. I put up the paintable wallpaper primed and painted it with silver metallic paint and then several coats of varathane. It look amazing, just like tin. For my 17 foot counter I used half a roll of the paper so the whole project was under $50.

By Carol from Waterloo, Ontario

Looks great in the photo & must be awesome to see. Very clever & affordable.

Great finished look! Makes me wonder if something similar could be done to do a faux-tin ceiling?

Very clever, great post.

I love this idea and would love to do this in my kitchen. I was thinking of getting the vinyl backsplash that looks like tin, but I think this would be easier to do. It looks great!

Great idea. It looks real from the image.