Buying a Car at Auction

I recently purchased a utility van at the auction. I had 48 hours to take it to a mechanic to have it checked out to make sure the transmission and engine were in good order, but had to put down 70% before I could take the van. I made the mistake of going to a mechanic they suggested which was close and he said everything looked good except for the tie rods.

I drove it home to clean it out and found small rocks and dirt in the back along under the floor mat. I soon realized that I had been sold a flooded vehicle. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to get out of this commitment on the van before I pay the other 30%? Any advice would be great. Thanks.

By JD from UT

Answers

Contact your attorney general. Flooded autos are not supposed to be sold. Also, get a car fax report as quickly as possible. Go online to get it.

Buying a Car at Auction, Car for Auction With Gavel in Foreground
Buying a Car at Auction
Consumer Advice Cars Buying a CarMay 14, 2010
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
used car dealership
Buying a Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver
🎉
🎄