Old Underwear For Traveling

When you have old underwear or bras don't toss them out. Wash them and put them in your suitcase, they will be there when you pack. When traveling, wear them and throw them away. That way you got one more wear out of them and won't be packing dirty clothes home. This makes more room for souvenirs

By Julee

I was talking with a lady at the airport once and she said she and her husband always go the a thrift shop and buy underwear, t-shirts,shorts,nightclothes and socks to take on trips..then leave them or throw them away. Saves space for souveniers on the return trip.

I'm sorry but I'm really laughing about this idea....I know that it sort of makes sense but still I think it's very funny! What we do is we have a 3 pc set of luggage that fits inside ea other....they all have wheels. We pack the two bigger suitcases but one of them also has the smallest piece of luggage inside....then coming home the small one carries souvenirs. We always seem to go with less than what we come home with yet we never take as much luggage as what we would be allowed for our family of 4....so we like the idea of bringing an empty suitcase or duffle for souvenirs.

Yes, I laugh when I read it. This is funny but it's a great idea..I never thought of this before. Thanks for thrifty thoughts.

Another idea is to leave old clothes or thrift shop clothes you brought for travel in the room. It's possible that the cleaning staff may be able to use some of the items. Not the underwear though! On a beach trip, a friend of mine with small children brought along inexpensive pails, shovels and other beach toys for her kids. When leaving for home, she left the toys in the room in hopes that someone who worked there could use the toys for their kids.

It sounds like leaving your trash for others to deal with.

I am sorry but I like having my favorite clothes to take on vacation with me. Even down to my underwear. I don't see any reason to wear something yucky when you are treating yourself to a vacation. Now If I was going tent camping I would bring my worn out clothes.

This was a timely tip. I did this when I took my son to the mainland to start college. Family gave me lovely heirlooms to bring back home. I tossed some of my clothes away that I was tired of wearing-with no regrets. And brought the gifts home without paying for a second bag. It's a good idea.

Travel and Recreation TravelDecember 12, 2004
A pile of women's underwear.
Organizing Your Underwear Drawer
An organized underwear drawer.
Organizing Underwear
Woman With Allergies
Traveling with Allergies
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
🎉
🎄