Paint Color Ideas for Room with Maroon Carpet

I want to paint my living room which has maroon colored carpet. I would like to use some brown colors but I'm not sure where to start or what to use for walls and trim. Any suggestions?

Sandy from Spokane

Beige or taupe looks good with maroon. For accents use dark green, plum, or grey.

I would use a very like tan or cream for the walls. Be sure to add accents in a bright color like in lamps or pillows to liven up the room. I think a bright, citrisy orange would be great for an updated look, but you may want to think of bright yellow or coral. Be careful not to let your room look too dismal. It will make it look old or like it belongs to an older person.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceJanuary 22, 2009
Blue-Green Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Blue-Green Carpet
Light Colored Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Light Colored Carpet
a woman looking at paint swatches.
Paint Color to Coordinate With Rust Colored Carpet