Author BioSharon Shearer

Author Bio - Sharon Shearer

Category Author Bio

My name is Sharon Shearer and I'm 52 years old, single Mother of three, 2 boys and a girl, now 32, 24 and 19. I grew up in a small town in Kentucky and that is where I chose to stay and raise my family. I was the last of 6 children with two wonderful, loving Christian parents.

My Mother herself was a stay-at-home Mom who worked daylight to dark providing for our family's needs. Many times she washed clothes by hand but we never lacked for clean clothes and an evening meal on the table. That was the story of HER life as well as doing for others. She was who I patterned my life after and for her I will always be eternally grateful. Growing up with five others, things were certainly not in abundance, so I learned early on to sew and make things that I wanted or needed.

I am a single Mother and chose to raise my children by myself rather than expose them to an unhappy environment. It took working MANY MANY jobs around my children's schedules, but I still managed to provide the things they needed and gave them the same opportunities their other friends had. I supported the boys in their ball playing days and encouraged my Daughter in any of her undertakings and activities. It wasn't always easy - there were times I must admit I felt overwhelmed and depressed but there was no time to feel sorry for myself so I held my chin up and pressed on towards the goal of raising good responsible children. Would I do it again--you betcha! With God's help and provision--WE'VE MADE IT!

I now have a six year old stepson and my first precious little granddaughter who's 4 months old. And I must say--this experience of being a Mamaw is such a wonderful thing! I hope they will see in me, the example of love and patience that my parents were to my children.

Life teaches us many lessons, and I am so happy that you will allow me the opportunity to share my experience with others. Thank you so much.
Sincerely,
Sharon Shearer

Sharon is also known on ThriftyFun as MamawKC and Sharon,Ky

She has kindly offered to be an expert in raising children as a single mom.

Hello, My name is Jason Smith and I am a SINGLE FATHER who has a DEAD BEAT ex-wife/mother who has a history of not paying her support for her two sons.While a man gets tossed in jail for not paying his support while a woman who does not gets to stayout of jail simply because she is a woman and that is not fair to all the men that are like me. YOU should think about US guys that do our share and get nothing while women have everything handed to them when it comes to child support. So please remember it takes two to make them and two to raise them

Sharon, I was reading your ideas for the Mother's Day Banquet and I tried to contact you regarding the book of poems, however, I didn't receive a rsponse. Is there a way you can send the book of poems at moore_belinda AT yahoo.com