Determining the Fees for Insurance Photography Services

I would like to start a small business photographing contents of people's homes for insurance purposes. What should I charge for my services?

By Kari

I'd rehearse in your mind ahead of time how you would like to proceed through a house and the kinds of things people might want to document. Make a little sheet outlining what the owner should do to have things ready ahead of time, and suggest an appointment at least a day after they are given the preparation sheet so they have time to think of everything.

I'd start with a $25 per hour minimum if you want to do it hourly, or $35-50 total for shorter or longer appointments. But rehearse how you plan to handle items, literally, being careful, and deliberate, perhaps following a numbered order : if customers make a list of 10 items, take pictures in that order. Document everything even for yourself, and perhaps make little folders for each job, one for them, one for you, in case they ever do have a claim, your documentation may be needed, if they have lost their paperwork. You might offer to get duplicate photos for an extra small fee, say $10-15, to keep for them, should theirs be lost in a fire/flood.

Is there really a market for this? These days with almost everyone owning a cell phone with a camera and digital cameras they can take their own pictures. Jewelry must be apraised by a liscensed appraiser and they always photograph the object.

Business and Legal BusinessMay 19, 2011
Saving Money on Health Insurance, Health Insurance Paperwork
Saving Money on Health Insurance
A new home.
Saving Money on Home Owner's Insurance
Avoiding ATM Fees
Avoiding ATM Fees
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 16, 2016 at 3:14:17 PM on 10.0.0.200 in 887 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.