Milk Jugs to Protect Plants From Rabbits

Use empty gallon milk jugs for back yard planting season. The rabbits would eat all our new pepper plants. The only way to keep them away was to cut off the bottom and top of the milk jug and bury the wide bottom part in the ground a couple inches. Sunlight and rain could come in from top and rabbits somehow didn't bother the plants. It worked every year.

By LadyD

you can also use the milk jugs to addwater and fertilzer to your plants. Saves water and I put Miracle grow in the container then water. Saves time and reduces weeds around the plant because the weeds get less water.

I also use milk jugs with bottom and tops cut off, and placed at angle on the side of my tomatoes, jug angled at the roots. Saves me time watering, fertilzering and weeding. The plants seem to grow better due to all the water going to the roots.

Black and white rabbit eating grass.
Keeping Rabbits Out of Your Garden
Home and Garden Pest Control RabbitsOctober 1, 2004
Milk Jug Ghost
Making a Milk Jug Ghost
Plastic Milk Jug
Crafts Using Milk Jugs
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft
A single plastic 1/2 gallon milk jug against a black background.
Using Milk Jugs in the Garden