Walmart's Straight Talk Cell Phone Plan Reviews

Choosing the best cell phone plan for you can be a daunting task. This is a guide about Walmart's Straight Talk cell phone plan reviews.

March 8, 2010 Flag

Has anyone used Straight Talk prepaid cell phone sold at WalMart? You have to purchase the phone, but the plans are very reasonable like: 1000 talk and 1000 text for $30 and most minutes must be added every month. Also, unlimited talk and text for $45.

WalMart said they sell a lot of them and have not heard any complaints. For someone with no land line this sounds like a good deal. I'd like your comments, if you've use Straight Talk. Thanks

By Betty from Lubbock, TX

I am already overwhelmed by the $45 unlimited deal that Straight Talk offers. It really has saved me loads of money. $45 a month, unlimited EVERYTHING! But on top of that, I seriously no longer drop calls. It use to happen to me so, so often when I was anywhere even slightly remote. Now I never have these kind of problems. It's fantastic! Thanks guys :)

I use my cell phone quite a lot and needed a cell phone option that can keep up with me without charging me an arm or a leg or disconnecting calls. I opted for Straight Talk $45 unlimited plan and an auto refill in case I forget to top-up. Since ST uses AT&T and Verizon towers I do not struggle with dropped calls or dead zones.

I have been using Straight Talk since February of 2010. I'm glad I switched. But there are a few things I don't like. I hate the customer support, theyre Indians you speak to and hard to understand sometimes. If you don't add a new card on time and you call and have them help they change your phone number without telling you. I live in a Verizon area so I can't get one of the smartphones.

But for $45 a month it is well worth it, even if you do pay $100 for the phone. You can find cases for these phones on ebay to personalize them a little bit. I have the Samsung R355C and paid around $10 for a cute little cover.

I can check my email with this phone, and that comes in handy if you use Redbox or Blockbuster Express. They will email you codes for a free rental and all you have to do is check your emrail for the free rental code.

If you're into ringtones you can purchase them online. I haven't done so though.

Overall I'm VERY HAPPY wiith Straight Talk, and I reccomend them to anyone.

I just paid my sister's Verizon bill for her yesterday. For 2 phones she pays $155 a month. What a rip off! She's under a 2 year contract too, so she's stuck with them for a while yet.

I found out how to avoid having them change your phone number though, if you don't add a card every 30 days like you're supposed to. Just call from another phone and add the card that way.

Also DO NOT give them your email address. They will email you about a week before your cut off date and daily until you add more time. They do have 3 month 6 month and a yearly plan that you can purchase online. If you have money to do this then you do save a few dollars more every month this way.

May 8, 2013 Flag

Last month Straight Talk called me and told me that I was over my limit.
I buy the unlimited at 45 dollars a month plan. If it's unlimited, why did they call me?

By Nana

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

That is a very good question and one I would ask them at WalMart.

Read the fine print. Then call them and be firm. The firmer you get the more they will bend. If they send you to retention, get firmer and they will make you some nice offers to keep your business. I owned a Sprint/Nextel dealership for several years. When they send you to retention is when the negotiations get good. Don't get nasty with them...just be firm.

I have had Straight Talk unlimited for over 2 years and have never had this happen.

I have had straighttalk for over 3yrs and every month they send a text stating I've went over my data limit. And they slow down my data . first time it happened I called straight talk and they told me that is a common practice if you use to much data..I've received text or email they have never called and told me

May 6, 2014 Flag

Can I use any cell phone with Walmart's unlimited Straight Talk plan?

By piggy

Yes you can! You have to purchase their SIM card ($5 or $6) and use it instead of your current SIM. My husband and I took our AT&T iPhones to Straight Talk. We were paying $180 with AT&T and are now paying just $100 with Straight Talk. Service is as good as, if not better in some places, than AT&T!

God Bless,

No, not any phone will work. It has to be a straight talk phone from walmart, or a phone with a Sim card. At&t, T mobile, and H2o all use Sim cards as far as I know. My phone I have right now was a special straight talk was having for Valentines day. Buy the $45 card, and get a small refurbished smartphone for free. It cost about $50 total including the $45 card. also sells refurbished phones with $45 cards for about $50.

My boyfriend got a Huawei ascend from walmart, refurbished for about $52. My phone has issues, his doesn't. If you purchase from Walmart be sure that the phone you like will work in your area. We only found one at that price that worked here. You can also try a gsm phone from, eBay, or Amazon. Gsm phones are the ones that use Sim cards. But if you go that route, you will need to buy a straight talk Sim card as the other poster said. Hope I have clarified this for you. I myself made the mistake of buying a sprint phone before thinking it took a Sim card, but it didn't.

July 1, 2013 Flag

I just bought a new, unlocked GSM phone and would like to use WalMart's unlimited talk/text plan month by month. Is this possible if I did not buy the phone from them?

By cwsch

They're not currently allowing third-party GSM phones on the plan. If you're looking to get a plan for just yourself and do not intend to utilize the $25 addtnl line offered by the Walmart Service, then you can go with StraightTalk. Also offered at Walmart, StraightTalk is the same monthly rate of $45 for unlimited talk and text. They use SIM cards which can be placed in many different phones. I myself used this on an iPhone 3GS perfectly.

June 12, 2013 Flag

Is it true that Walmart has an unlimited, reduced price cell phone plan for $35 per month for disabled and indigent shoppers?

In my mind, $35 a month is not a bargain. I have a TRacfone. The phone initially was about $40 and I buy minutes when I need them. If I buy 120 minutes, generally they give you double, so I get 240 for around $20. They last a long time. I would estimate the phone costs me $10 to $15 a month. To me, that's a bargain!

Consumer Advice Product ReviewsMarch 14, 2013
Pink Silicone Cell Phone Case
Cleaning a Silicone Cell Phone Case
striped knit sock like phone pouch
Making a Cell Phone Holder
A man looking at his cell phone.
Blocking Calls on a Cell Phone
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards