Repelling Ants with Jello

How does jello kill and repel ants?

By Deb from Barstow, CA

I've never heard of jello ever repelling or killing ants. I think it would do the complete opposite of attracting ants. Jello is made of sugar and that is food for them.

Like MCW, I would think Jello would attract ants because of the sugar. It could be that whoever told you about this meant to say you can mix ant poison into the Jello. That way the ants would eat the poison along with the Jello. That's the only way I can think that Jello would work to get rid of ants.

Actually, talcom powder is cheaper and really works. Just dust it across the threshhold of the door they are coming in, and along that wall and they will not cross it.

Perhaps you were supposed to mix jello with borax, which poisons them. But sugar would be cheaper. I don't think ants need strawberry flavor.

Here is another ant bait recipe: I got this from Google, here's the site.

http://www.ghorganics.com/page11.html

Mix three parts peanut butter with two parts jelly and add one tablespoon of boric acid per six ounces of mix. Place the bait on pieces of paper so stuff it into large straws and place where you see the ants foraging. Again keep out of the reach of pets and children.

Home and Garden Pest Control AntsJuly 27, 2011
Photo of homemade orange jello.
Homemade Jello (Gelatin) Recipes
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
Making a Jello Fish Bowl
Making a Jello Fish Bowl
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🎄