PaintingHome Improvement

Paint Color Advise With Brick Wall

I have a family room that has 3 walls that are used brick on the bottom and all windows on the top. The remaining wall is what I'm looking to paint, but would like some suggestions as to the color, I do like bold colors, also.

By dubriz from West Covina, CA

Use the boldest color palette of the used brick that compliments or go the opposite on the color wheel to a bold cool color.

I hated the brick fireplace in my family room. When I painted the room, I also painted the fireplace. It is not so obvious now and I can decorate the way I want to.

Try a rust color if you want to pull out the color of the brick or perhaps a warm yellow or sage.

Whatever color you pick, I would keep it a lighter shade. I have my computer room painted a light coral and I love it. I also added a four inch flora border with colors of coral, yellow, blue, a little of purple and lots of different shades of green, again in light shades. It complements the wall great. Just pick your favorite color and run with it.

My family room has a full brick wall with fireplace. What color should I choose for the other walls? The carpet is deep green, and the couch is rust.

Chris from NY

Answers:

Paint Color Advise with Brick Wall

You have Tuscan colors which I too have in my home. If you have plenty of natural lighting, you could go with a strong brick coloring on the rest of the walls, or else use lighter shade of paint that compliments the brick coloring.

Also, you could use the green in a lighter shade of your sofa and then have a Tuscany painting that picks up all the colors to pull together. Or you could create your own swag to hang on the wall that brings in all the colors. I made one with grape leaves touched with rust and frosty look of green that hangs above my painting.

You can also google search for Tuscany paintings and see what colors are used with those you already have. You can see what colors compliment accordingly. Good luck. (01/16/2008)

By Lorelei

Paint Color Advise with Brick Wall

Peach, creamy beige, or a lighter shade of the green would be good. (01/16/2008)

By perfume and powder