Cat with Hairballs

What can I do for my cat's hairballs?

By Norma from Brooklyn, NY

I brush my cats, and if I notice that they're trying to hack up furballs, I start to give them Petromalt. We get ours at Petsmart, but I think I've seen a Hartz brand hairball remedy at Wal-Mart or Target. I'll give it to them a few times a week to help pass the hairballs, and then they're okay for a while. They love Petromalt, so I just squeeze some on the back of a spoon and they lick it all off!

My Rachel used to have those all the time and what works for her is a teaspoon of either plain yogurt, cream cheese or sour cream every morning. The fur balls stopped within the first week of doing that and she loves this special first thing in the morning treat. She also gets a good brushing a couple of times a week which she also loves. :-)

Close-up Black and White of Long Haired
Preventing Cat Hairballs
Pets CatsSeptember 29, 2010
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Cat Meowing
Preventing A Cat From Meowing
Pomeranian puppy
Home Remedy for Pomeranian Hairballs